Apr 21st, 2009
This year I wanted to do a little something different for Earth Day. There are a bunch of great new documentaries coming out and what better time to talk about them than today?!
These come to us via IdealBite (if you don’t subscribe, I highly recommend it).
- The Cove – part whodunit, part eco-educational movie about a team of activists who set out to save fish and dolphins off the coast of Japan. Opens Jul. 31.
- Battle for Terra - stars like Danny Glover, Luke Wilson, and Evan Rachel Wood lend their voices to this animated adventure movie; plays in 3D in some areas. Opens May 1.
- Earth – the cinematographers behind the Planet Earth series bring you a beautifully shot, feature-length film about three animal families – elephants, polar bears, and humpback whales. Opens Apr. 22.
- Food Inc. – unveils the sometimes dirty politics of the food industry; features experts like Michael Pollan (Omnivore’s Dilemma) and Eric Schloseer (Fast Food Nation). Now in limited release.
- Fuel – slick docu on new energy sources, featuring interviews with eco-thinkers like Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and eco-celebs like Julia Roberts. Now in limited release.
- The Age of Stupid – faux documentary-style drama about a less-than-cheery dude who in the year 2055 looks back over the past few decades of climate change. Premieres in May.
Happy Earth Day everyone! If you check any of these out, please let me know. I’m personally looking forward to The Age of Stupid and Food, Inc.
As always, do Mother Earth a favor and give going vegetarian one day a week a shot!
Author Information - During his spare time Eric writes for and maintains wannaveg.com. For his day job he works for an electronics company in San Diego, CA. Eric has been a vegetarian for about 10 years and believes that going 'green' and reducing meat consumption go hand-in-hand.
No comments yet.